Friday, April 01, 2011

What am I thinking? (From the side of the N1 highway)

I am on the road and had to stop to fill up - both the car and my belly as I haven't had a chance to eat this morning.  This also presented me with an opportunity to start working on my latest post as service is not the best in the middle of nowhere. 

The intention of today's post is to give my readers more insight on what I am busy with and where this is actually going and what to expect in future.  It is all nice to write about my experiences of the day and what I think about everything that happened or how I felt during the day, but this does not add any value in your life (unless maybe we are close personal friends of course) and after all, I do have a very specific vision.

(The first two paragraphs were written yesterday and I am now continuing my thoughts today)...

I have 13 years of experience in the Financial Services and Financial Planning industry. During the last 13 years I was fortunate to fulfill the following roles:
  • Broker Consultant - I was the link between the insurance company I worked for and the broker (Financial Adviser) and I was responsible for marketing the full range of risk, investment, group benefits and health care products to all contracted advisers that were linked to me.  In addition to this I was responsible for New Business Development, Practice Management, servicing on existing business and to resolve queries and problems for advisers and their clients. Also were responsible for training Financial Advisers and their assistants / office staff.
  • Financial Adviser - I dealt with clients' financial affairs, planned their estates, made sure their wills are in order, put retirement plans in place, calculated and planned their tax affairs and also ensured that business owners and their businesses were protected in the event of the death or disability of any of the partners or directors.
  • Branch Manager - Running a Broker Branch and looking after 5 Broker Consultants and about 75 Financial Advisers.
  • Group Presentations and speaking - Regularly presented on various topics for financial planning and various aspects thereof to groups of brokers and clients.  This is one of my favourite things to do. I also talked to Grade 7's on budgeting and why it is so important.
  • Qualifications - B Com Risk Management, National Certificate in Wealth Management (NQF5), currently completing CFP.
I have come to a point where I want to take the knowledge and experience I have to help educate people and children.  I am busy developing a series of talks, articles and videos to do just this.

Furthermore I want to create a Library of information for use by other financial advisers and broker consultants.

My passion is Financial Planning, my slogan or rule I live by is "Knowledge, Integrity and Service". That is the foundation of everything and the one cannot do without the other.  I will write more on this in a later post.

If there is any specific topics you would like me to discuss, please list them by leaving a comment or send me an email.

Thank you for reading my post again!

Francois

No comments: