Thursday, August 11, 2011

Motivation - a follow up

I listened to a podcast from Zig Ziglar this week entitled "What positive thinking is and isn't".

What he said was very interesting and in my mind very true.  I also wrote my thoughts in another post. Click here to revisit that post as what I am about to say supports what I said then.

He made a couple of points and I will leave it up to you to link it back to my own thoughts that I shared in May 2011.

First thing he said was that Positive thinking alone won't help you do something that you do not have the ability for.  In other words, just because you think positively about something (like singing for instance) doesn't mean that now you can get up and become the next Idol (unless you do have the ability and talent to do so of course!).  What it will do is make sure that you are able to do everything that you can... Think about that for a moment...

Another thing he said was that motivation does not last.  Neither does bathing.  That is why it is a good idea to do it regularly.

By changing one's attitude and view of things and most of all what you believe about the things concerned, the longer your motivation will last.

Some tips that I use myself everyday:
  • Do not listen to other people.  Many people might be high spirited and easy to get along with, but the things they say are stealing your energy and you actually feel tired after talking to them.  They will give you all the reasons in the world why you shouldn't do something, because they was not successful at the same thing.  If it is meant to be... it is up to me I say!
  • Do your own research or get to know someone yourself and make up your own mind.  Don't take the shortcut and listen to what others say about someone or something.  You might just miss out!
  • Avoid people that are energy thieves and that have a "entitlement"-mentality.  They constantly complain about things that are wrong and why they will never get what they want.
  • Never allow other people to steal your dream!
Always go for what you dream of!

Thanks for reading my blog!

Francois

No comments: