Monday, June 06, 2011

Opportunities

This is a short post just to share my thoughts on something I realised again today.

I had 2 meetings today.

In the one meeting we were discussing the sales of a new product and it hit me when someone commented that people still ask for the "old" product so they can compare with other companies.  If you choose to just do this, you will not make use of the opportunity to sell (in this instance) your new product that no one else has.  Just to be clear, the new product is by far better than what is currently available, but because people do not understand the benefit of the new product, they stick to what they are comfortable with.  So my question is if you see the opportunity?
  1. You have something no one else does? Hello!
  2. You need to demonstrate the benefit so it becomes tangible
BUT! The opportunity only exists if you decide to see it.  Once you see the opportunity, you can focus on it.

In the second meeting I realised that one actively has to be on the lookout for opportunity.  Things change so rapidly and frequently these days that we become use to it and we start to miss the opportunities that change presents.

The meeting I had was about strategies that were introduced at the beginning of the year and I only realised today what an opportunity it presents, because I was actively looking for an opportunity.

The thoughts I want to share are:
  • Actively look for opportunity (think of when you want to buy a specific car, suddenly you notice them everywhere!)
  • Choose to see the half full glass
  • Always be aware of what is happening
Thank you for reading my post!

Francois

No comments: