Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A new venture into the unknown

I have been using the internet since 1995... using Facebook for the last 3 years and only started using Twitter last week!

I regularly visit YouTube to either watch videos on relevant topics to my work or to watch music videos.

Since I can remember I loved to to entertain people, I love speaking at events or giving training on the subject that I see myself as an expert on.

When I left school I wanted to go work at "Radio Oranje" so badly, but it seems not bad enough as I never did anything about it and thus, at age 35, never worked at a Radio Station. By the way, they have changed the name from "Radio oranje" to OFM.  Lately I have this thing bugging me from the inside.  I feel that I am missing out on doing something that I always wanted to do... so I leaped... took a chance...

I met Tove Kane at a Presentation and Keynote training session in JHB presented by the company I work for.  I have always been a fan and got the chance to speak to her.  I would be fortunate enough to get a second chance to chat to Tove... and she opened up a world of ideas that was right in front of me the whole time...  I will never forget what she said:  "Francois, I will be dead honest with you, you are too old to start in mainstream radio".  As she finished the sentence, I felt my excitement dampen. Then she said:  "But I have a solution for you!".  Almost 45 minutes later I had a million ideas screaming through my head.

So what I will do in the coming months and years, is to take what I know so well, combine it with my passion for entertaining and "broadcasting" and do my utmost best to reach as many people as possible and touch their lives in some way or another, whilst having fun!

As I am busy planning what I want to share and exactly how I will do it, I will share my experiences and thoughts on this blog and hope that it will inspire others that have the same dream.

3 comments:

Lezelle said...

Go for it 100%! I can't wait to see what your working on.
Very proud of you.

Helen said...

Ek is vreeslik trots Faf! weet soos gewoonlik gaan jy reuse sukses maak van dit wat jy aanpak. Ek sal die spasie met afwagting dophou!

Francois said...

Thank you for the comments! Very excited... :-) Dankie Tannie H!